- A total of 11 journalists in five countries facing prosecution for their decision to publish some of the cartoons.
- At least 50 people were killed in protests in the Middle East, Asia and Africa over the past month over cartoons.
- With the Islamization of the societies, the list of taboos has been increasing daily. No more writings about religion as well as politics or women's rights.
- Anti Cartoon protests developed into anti-Christian riots, as anger at the drawings was exploited in Nigeria.
- In Denmark, Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen said the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press are not up for negotiation.
The list is extensive and worth reading and thinking about. I'm sure there's probably more that could be added. The cartoons continue to be used as a pretext for violence and uproar.