Sunday, February 18, 2007

New knees!!

After a very long hiatus I'm finally coming back up to the surface following my knee surgery in late November. I had bilateral surgery, which means I had both knees replaced. Many folk thought I was crazy to have both done at the same time... but, let me tell you, I'm so glad I did. I was forced to work hard and not favour one knee over another. The result is I walk without a limp!! Not only that but I can walk easily and well. Very different to the pain and agony of the past several years. Fantastic!!

I still have some issues to be sorted out. One is that my left knee is not as good as the right knee and seems to have developed some painful scar tissue which keeps me from being able to bend my knee very far. I can't bend it far enough to ride a motorcycle!! Drat!! But maybe the surgeon will have a solution when I see him next. (They talk about breaking up the scar tissue under anesthetic as they manipulate the leg... that sounds incredibly painful to me... but if it helps...)

I am so glad to be finally free of the arthritic pain of bone rubbing on bone...

No comments: