Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A Year of Dramas

It's been several years since I wrote anything on this blog. I have been meandering my way through my life and times. This past 12 months have been a challenge in so many ways. Let me just review a little of what that has meant...
1) Australia has been experiencing a drought, a rather long one. Everything was so dry, so dead looking. The grass crunched beneath my feet as I walked. I didn't need to mow since nothing was growing. Gardening was mostly at a standstill except watering a little to keep the garden alive.
2) In September we had a snow storm, the first I'd experienced in the 9 years I'd been here. Such a beautiful sight even though it melted away fairly quickly and gave nourishment to the soil and plants.
3) Then came the bush fires!! What an awful time that was for NSW and Vic. The fires came very close from several sides over the summer months. The winds blew fiercely making things much worse. Each time it looked as if we would 'get it', the wind changed and we were safe again.
4) With the bushfires came the smoke. There was no escape and going outside was a challenge for breathing. I had to stay inside and deal with life from there though the smoke smell did permeate the house.
5) Then early this year the Corona Virus appeared on the scene. COVID-19 has disrupted life across the world in ways we could not have imagined this time last year. Australia has fared better than other countries (thus far). And living out in a rural area has been a blessing so that lockdown has not been as traumatic or stressful. We have had no postive cases in the region. The economy has taken a huge hit. And, there is no end in sight for the pandemic coming to an end.

So, what does the future hold? I don't know. What I do know is that through it all God has given me peace. My times and my life are in his hands. He is well aware of what is happening all over the world, AND he is still God.
My prayer is that God will bring good out of all these awful things that have been happening.
I am continually impressed to trust Jesus, and not look at the wild storms all about me.
May you be able to do the same.

No comments: